Support Us > Support Shir Hatzafon
Make a difference -
support Shir Hatzafon
Since the year 2001 when Shir Hatzafon was founded we have achieved much.
- The congregation has been approved by the Danish authorities.
- We have preformed civil wedding ceremonies for several interfaith couples, who otherwise would have been referred to a town hall.
- We have helped boys and girls to read aloud from the Torah for their bar/bat mitzvah.
- We have welcomed several persons into the Jewish people through our conversion program.
- We have introduced equality between men and women in Judaism in Denmark.
- A member of Shir Hatzafon has as the first Danish woman been ordained as rabbi from the Leo Baeck College in London, UK.
- We have created a religious home for the many Jews, for whom Progressive Judaism is their true choice of Judaism.
All this and much more is gained through voluntary work of the congregation enthusiasts. Shir Hatzafon’s main source of income is subscriptions from the members, from members who believe that the existence of Shir Hatzafon makes a difference and is worth supporting.
But Shir Hatzafon also need support and help to evolve in the future. The most valuable help, of course, is if you and your family joins our community and takes part in the development of Shir Hatzafon, but any economic boost is very welcome. Large and small contributions are welcomed. We have many projects, through which we work to secure a future for Jewish life - in Shir Hatzafon and the Jewish community in Denmark as a whole.
Shir Hatzafon is approved by the Danish tax at authorities as a recipient of tax deductible donations. Contribution up to DKK 15,000 can be deducted on tax returns. Amounts may be paid to Shir Hatzafon’s bank account:
The Danske Bank
Account no. 9570-60040737
IBAN code: DK55 3000 0060 0407 37
SWIFT/Bic code: DABADKKK
Please contact Shir Hatzafon’s treasurer for information on how to utilize deduct option.
The treasurer can be contacted by email email@example.com or a message can be left on the Shir Hatzafon answer phone +45 2370 9757
Shir Hatzafon can also be financially supported by tax credits from the U.S. through WUPJ. Please contact the treasurer for more information about this option.